Wednesday, October 26, 2011

出発日 ~ Shuppatsu Bi ~ Day of Departure

Today I leave for Japan!

For the last two days I spent time with my dad at his house and today we picked up my niece and visited my sister and her friend in north Texas.

My dad gave me a "new" camera so I will be able to post videos and photos once I get USB cable to transfer the files from the camera to my computer as the battery cover is broken and its being secured by a piece of wire and I'm afraid to move it to take out the SD card. Oh well. At least I can take over 1,000 pictures before I have to start deleting/uploading stuff ^_^.

I will be leaving this moring at 5:30 AM or so. It's 1:42 AM right now and I got home from my dad's place around 10 PM or so. I'm exhausted and sleepy but I doubt I'll be able to sleep.

I just finally finished packing and now I can take more stuff than planned originally because my dad gave me 2 large suitcases... unfortunately neither suitcase has the ability to stand up on its own (due in part to the fact that they're both very top heavy). I will weigh them before I leave just to make sure. I had to get rid of a bag I was planning on taking because I will already by lugging around 2 large suitcases plus an overstuffed backpack AND my laptop so I just don't have enough arms!

I calculated my journey and I will be travelling for just over 25 hours from the time I leave the house to the time I arrive at my hotel. Ugh.

I will make a post as soon as I get to my hotel and can figure out how to set up internet.

Oh and I had to ask my employer to give me some sort of stipend or something until I actually start getting paid. So poor ;_;

Until next time!
Toodles~

No comments:

Post a Comment