Saturday, September 10, 2011

Update

So apparently my tiny little picture I sent of myself wasn't good enough for immigration so I have to get a professionally made passport-style photo pretty soon so the application can more forward.

Also, I got 2 leads to possible temp tutoring jobs but I haven't heard back from them since I emailed them initially which makes me afraid that they don't want me to tutor them after all. I do know how to tutor but I haven't (yet) been trained in proper pedagogy so I do have some problems with pacing with the students and giving them level-appropriate assignments but other than that I've gotten 5 stars (the highest possible rating) from my previous 2 students of Japanese through a website that I'm listed on which is WyzAnt.com. I'm open to tutoring students in ESL or Japanese and have had 20+ hours of experience in tutoring so I do know I'm doing to an extent.

Fortunately for future students once I go to Japan I will be -trained- to properly teach English :)

Also, I think I might be leaving at the end of this month or early next month but I need more money because I've had to live off the money that my dad gave me for my plane ticket. :(

That's all for now, updates as they come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment