Saturday, August 13, 2011

Certificate of Eligibility

Upon doing a little digging on various forms about the Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) I discovered, to my horror, that it might take up to 3 months JUST for the CoE. It also might take 2 weeks for my visa after I get my CoE. That info can be found here: http://english.visajapan.jp/nintei.html .

Based on the website's flowchart it does look like my company will mail me the CoE then I will send off all the info to the Houston Consulate and wait. I really hope it doesn't take 3 months, it'll be a month as of the 22nd (if they sent it all off that day).

Oh and in other news I found cheaper airfare to Japan through STA Travel (statravel.com). It only applies if you're a student, teacher, or youth under 26. I found a fare for $785!!

No comments:

Post a Comment